It is something we all want.
But what exactly is happiness? Could you describe it in one sentence?
If you’re unsure about the exact definition of happiness, you’re not alone. Many philosophers have very different ideas about what happiness is and how it can be attained.
Here are a few brief samples....
This introductory philosophy course will focus on the practical, life-enhancing benefits of studying philosophy. No previous philosophy is required to understand and put to use the many insights and practices presented in a clear and jargon-free style.
Since it would be impossible in seven weeks to survey the entire history of philosophy, our more modest itinerary will be influenced and determined by the personal thoughts, ideas, and interests of you and other course participants as we move along in our explorations. We will create the course together even as we engage it.
If customers can’t find it, it doesn’t exist. Clearly list and describe the services you offer. Also, be sure to showcase a premium service.
Philosophical psychology. Philosophy as a way of life. How to approach the study of philosophical psychology. Positive Psychology. Reading philosophical texts. The question of happiness as a universal human question. The desire to live the best possible life. The importance of values. The scope and purpose of the course. The importance of the weekly reflection assignments.
- REFLECTION ASSIGNMENT: Why I decided to take this course.
Socrates & Plato
- Love in Plato's Symposium
- Idealism and the Cave in Plato
- REFLECTION ASSIGNMENT: The most important value in my life is ...
Have you opened a new location, redesigned your shop, or added a new product or service? Don't keep it to yourself, let folks know.
Lao Tzu, Chiang Tzu, and Confucius
- the concept of tao
- wei wu wei
Customers have questions, you have answers. Display the most frequently asked questions, so everybody benefits.
- Zen and the Art of Happiness (2006/2015) Chris Prentis
- Ways to Go Beyond and Why They Work: Seven Spiritual Practices for a Scientific Age (2019) Rupert Sheldrake
- Flourish: A Visionary New Understanding of Happiness and Well-being (2018) Martin Seligman (See also: POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY CENTER)